Monday, August 8, 2011

Confusing relationship: help needed?

Me and my friend confessed that we loved each other in early December, and things have yo-yo'd a bit. Firstly, he just got out of a long, messy relationship he had wanted to be out for for a long time, with someone who was, well not nice to say the least (a manipulative cheat). And then he said he wasn't ready for anything to happen, but changed his mind. We're away from uni for the holidays at the moment (we're a bit older though, i'm 23 he's 26), and i know he has a turbulent family life at home too... but we still managed to talk every day, email, message each other. He kept saying how I was the most amazing thing to happen to him, and how in love he was with me. But then a few days ago, I made a small comment about, if I kissed another guy, would that be a betrayal? And ever since he's been acting cold, that i want to define things when he's not ready. He's been pretty hurtful, saying that I tried to push him where he wasn't ready to go and that it's too raw for him and he's not ready. I don't understand as I haven't tried to push him anywhere, and now I don't know what to say. He says he needs me there as a friend, but right now I don't feel strong enough, and he just sent me an email jumping down my throat because my response to his "are you okay?" was "i feel a little hurt and let down, but i'm okay, i hope you are too". I don't know how this has happened or where I stand or what I should do

No comments:

Post a Comment